Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Path?



Versus


The Stars are truly beautiful.The ability of something so small to shine so bright is incredible. If I was to pick why they were beautiful I it would have to be because when I look at the stars I think of the unknown, and the unfathomable ways of God.
I do remember though looking tonight at the stars while driving thinking about important life matters and riding back to BYU with Emily when I noticed there were not many noticeable stars because of the city lights. I recall a small flash of frustration with the city lights, but as I stared at the lights I realized they were also beautiful. They were not beautiful in the same way but they also were. They have more order which removes a sense of mystery that I believe people get from stars. But they lights of a city being so close allow us to see more like shadows lights bring and make adding a new level of beauty.
I would like to say that when I look at most city I get the feeling of looking at fallen stars. The taller the building of lights are fallen stars returning to the sky. 
We could definitely attach the night sky to God's presence because of it's incomprehensible beauty and God's ways are not something we fully understand. The city lights or the fallen stars are us as people. We are no longer in Gods presence some of us are closer to achieving it (lighted tall buildings) others are still working and some don't understand. But I think that like I needed to let go of my frustration and realize the beauty of the cities lights we also need to recognize that although people may not be as far along in the path to God or we ourselves are not as far along as others we need to realize that both our individual personalities and the fact that we are trying makes us great also.

No comments:

Post a Comment