Monday, September 27, 2010

Buddha's Introduced to Random Collection

I am sitting here definitely listening to Austin play my ukulele while I am writing my essay. He is distracting me what the heck. But that is okay because I can also read my Buddha poster. There is actually something quite interesting in it.
Siddhartha Gautama, the founder of Buddhism, said, "The whole secret to existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. only the moment you reject all help are you freed. There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: 1.) not going all the way; and 2.) not starting." I guess we can find truth in his statement to an extent. I don't think that fear in of itself is a bad thing, and it can actually be a good thing to fear because that just shows we have a weakness and life is nothing without weaknesses to build upon. But I will agree we should not approach life with fear of what is to come of us in all aspects of our life. Someone who always worries of what is to come will never be able to absorb what is happening now and deal with it. We should make plans for our future but not dwell on it. We should live in the now with plans for the future in thought. Not live in our plans for the future with now being something we have to get through.
Also rejecting help is not always a way to be free. I know that asking for help whether with something or for someone to talk to can be very good for me to with stress and the goings of life. On the other hand we should not become dependent on others to carry us through difficult tasks as our only support but more like depend on them for an extra form of support or a willing reservoir of aid. In turn I think all of us should try to let it be known that we are there for others if they need us.
The mistakes Siddhartha stated are very true. What would life be without being willing to take a little risk and start something we might like or have an interest in. And I don't think going all the way should include success but more include putting what we believe to be a fair effort for the task at hand.
Siddhartha's thoughts and my own can be summed up in several ways I believe. I think I am going to sum it up in the main message I gathered from it. We should not fear trying new things, because if we don't ever try anything we will look back wondering where life left us in the dust. We shouldn't approach things without consideration but putting our all into worthwhile things whether for a purpose or with friends is the goal. The risks we take whether successful or fail are the things we will remember and contribute to who we become.

No comments:

Post a Comment